How your resume looks can be as important as what it contains. You don't want your target employer to be distracted by poor formatting or overwhelmed by text. Keep the following aesthetic tips in mind when creating your resume:
1. Don't strain a recruiter's eyes by using a font size that is smaller than 10 pt.
2. Avoid large fonts. They waste space and may seem comical.
3. Avoid fancy fonts that may be distracting and hard to read.
4. Use the same font throughout your resume.
5. Leave white space. Crowded text is difficult to read.
6. Use bulleted text to increase ease of reading.
View free sample resumes online to get more resume structure tips and techniques.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|