Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Preparing for a Job Interview and other Resume topics.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview is not all about words and answers, there are a lot of physical queues that can make or break an interview. Nonverbal communication skills are very important for impressing interviewers because they are also a part of your daily professional life.
1. Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake, but don't try to crush the person's hand. A firm handshake evokes strength and enthusiasm.
2. Maintain steady eye contact with the interviewer.
3. Don't slouch.
4. Dress in a proper manner.
5. Use positive facial expressions.
6. Don't use any profanity in your speech, no matter how comfortable you are.